Spirit Animal by Coscomomo

by 9:55 AM 0 comments



Title: Spirit Animal
Artist: Coscomomo
Medium: Digital Art
Artist Of The Week: (Mar. 5-11, 2017)

It seems like spring is finally starting to come a round, although, winter still sort of seems to come and go every now and again. Seeing as how winter is still on the mind for some people, this pice still seem pretty relatable to many people still experiencing winter.

I first encountered this pice on deviant art one day while I was browsing through some of the new art that was coming into DeviantArt and this captivating digital art pice stood out to me. I felt that this pice was different somehow and I was sure that there was meaning here so, after speaking with the artist about the artwork, I found that I was even more fascinated with the story behind this pice just as much as the pice its-self.

"From the above you can see where some of the inspiration comes from, the other big part of this particular piece comes from a moment when I was outside playing in the snow with my son (he was dressed very similar to the way I painted the character in the artwork btw) the snow was falling all around us and right in the middle of that playtime he looked up, he was watching how the snowflakes where drifting down so calmly, he looked so marveled, then the slightest breeze made me look up as well and then I imagined a white and almost invisible to the eye creature making that soft and barely noticeable breeze happen, what if it was a whale spirit??? Hehe. I remember once I saw some concept art for a videogame that fit what I had on my mind and it was so natural that the artwork practically made itself." -Coscomomo


- Links To Artist -

spirit

Developer

0 comments:

Post a Comment